I will be on the today’s CBC Maritime Noon radio show discussing poop and other various bylaw issues within Halifax.
Hopefully you can tune in.
I realize the blog has taken some time off. Hopefully you will see me pick things up a bit over the summer.
The above update was posted on the Halifax Regional Police’s Facebook page today. They went on to provide the following advice:
- If you observe an animal in distress inside a vehicle call 9-1-1- immediately.
- Do not resort to breaking a window unless you believe that the situation cannot wait for emergency crews arrival.
- If you were to ever break a window with an animal inside, break the window that is furthest away from the animal.
- If you have to break a window there is no fine or ticket for property damage. The only offence that could be laid on someone would be a criminal code charge of property damage, only if it was proven that the damages were done with intent.
- For the owner leaving the animal in the car, a criminal code charge of causing unnecessary suffering to an animal could be contemplated.